Illinois CCL Renewal Class
Renewal Class for the IL CCL Permit can be taken up to 1 year prior to permit expiration, but application cannot be submitted prior to the 30 days before expiration of existing CCL.
To get into a class, you must schedule.
Classes must be paid in full upon scheduling.
*There will be an additional fee of $153.53 due to the Illinois State Police at the time of submitting the application for renewal.
3 Hour Class
2 hr classroom
1 hr range
Every other weekend
-Class dates subject to change.
Students will need the following:
1. IL Conceal Carry License
2. 30 rds of ammo. Not included
3. Gun (provided if needed)
4. Hearing and eye protection (provided if needed)
*Holster not needed
*Fingerprints not needed
Upon arrival, please park in the lot to the West of Midwest (our new, fenced-in lot)
To apply for the ICCF Permit:
ICC applications will be the same process as the initial application, less the fingerprints. We offer a FREE service to assist you in sending in your application. Upon completion of your renewal class, you can schedule your time slot for the assistance*. You may also call to schedule an appointment. This service is only offered if your renewal class was taken at Midwest Sporting Goods.
Once application is submitted, you will receive a receipt from the ISP which enables you to continue carrying with an expired CCL while waiting on the new one.
*Note: You can't apply until 30 days before expiration.
Class Policies and Standards:
1. Unsafe actions will be cause for immediate disqualification from class. NO refunds.
2. Must pass shooting qualification with 70% or above. If you do not pass, NO refunds.
3. Must be 21 years or older.
4. Dress code- NO high heel shoes, includes boots & wedges. NO open-toed shoes. NO low cut shirts.
5. Cancellation Policy- Must give 5 days notice to cancel or reschedule; otherwise $20.00 of your fee will be consumed.