Illinois Concealed Carry Firearm Permit Class
Classes Occur Weekly – Register Today by Calling 708-447-4848
Midwest Guns proudly offers concealed carry classes in order to obtain your Illinois Concealed Carry Permit which is honored in 27 states. Our concealed carry class instructor comes with 20 years of firearm experience, NRA training credentials including law enforcement firearms instructor, and is licensed by the state of Illinois to teach Concealed Carry classes.
There are two options depending on whether you have taken prior courses:
16-hour Concealed Carry Class
A) Monday and Tuesday – 9-5 each day
Regular Price: $195.00
FALL SPECIAL: $195.00 $175.00*
(*Book by October 31st for Savings!)
8-hour Concealed Carry Class
A) Monday 9 -5
(See below on how to qualify for 8-hour class.)
Regular Price: $125.00
FALL SPECIAL: $125.00 $100.00*
(*Book by October 31st for Savings!)
Please note that to attend either of our concealed carry class options you must register by phone or in person at Midwest Guns. Classes must be paid in full upon registering. Be sure to read additional Illinois Concealed Carry course details further down on page.
Register for Class Today!
Using Your Concealed Carry Permit Upon Completion
Upon completion of the Illinois course, you may use your obtained Illinois certificate to apply for non-resident permits from the following states: Florida and Arizona.
Illinois’ Concealed Carry Permit is honored in 27 states:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Wisconsin
Utah Concealed Carry Permit adds on the following 7 states:
Delaware, Georgia, Louisiana, North Dakota, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming.
You can add the Utah Concealed Carry class to your registration to our Illinois Concealed Carry class for just $50.00. This includes fingerprints, photo, and application. The 2 hour Utah class is offered on Mondays at 5 PM.
If you wish to take the Utah Concealed Carry class without Midwest Gun’s Illinois Concealed Carry class the cost is $75.00
NOTE: Each state will charge a different amount for their own permit at the time of application. Applications are available by contacting the appropriate state.
Qualifying for the 8 Hour Condensed Illinois Concealed Carry Class
The 8 Hour Class is only available to those who have taken prior courses that are accepted by the Illinois State Police. Those courses and their accepted credit hours are as follows:
4 Hours Each
Must have 2 for total of 8 hours:
Only 1 needed for total of 8 hours:
*NRA course MUST be a course with shooting
*Security Guards with current Tan Card are exempt from the class.
Additional Concealed Carry Course Details
Each Student Will Need The Following:
- If you do not have a firearm, one will be provided for you.
- MUST BRING FIREARM BOTH DAYS OF CLASS-(if in 16-hour class)
- NO derringers, NO firearms without trigger guard, NO lasers, NO High-Points, Jennings, Lorcin, Raven, Haskell, single-action revolvers, or any firearm considered unsafe by instructor.
- Firearm must be cased and unloaded. Leave magazines unloaded.
- If shooting a semi-auto, you will need 2-3 magazines.
- 30 rounds of ammunition (NOT included in class price).
- Keep in mind: If you do not pass the shooting portion with 70% accuracy, you will need another 30 rounds.
- Hearing and eye protection. If you do not have your own, we will provide it for you.
- Concealment holster and a belt are optional.
- You will not be shooting from your concealment holster. The holster will be used to practice drawing with your unloaded firearm.
- Please bring the holster that you will be using to conceal your firearm to the class. You can bring any type of holster, including purse holster, concealment vest with built in holster, in waistband holster, shoulder holster, ankle holster, in pocket holster, etc.
- If you are using our firearm, we will provide a holster to you, but you must wear a belt.
- Valid FOID Card (expired cards are not accepted).
- In order to receive an 8 hour credit, you must provide successful completion of prior training course(s). Check the state.il.us/firearmwebsite to see the list of credited classes.
Midwest Guns Class Policies and Standards:
Please note and adhere to the following policies and standards at Midwest Guns:
- Unsafe actions will be cause for immediate disqualification from class. NO refunds.
- Must pass shooting qualification with 70% or above. If you do not pass, NO refunds.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Dress code- NO high heel shoes, boots, or wedges. NO open-toed shoes. NO low cut shirts.
- Cancellation Policy – Must give 5 days notice to cancel or reschedule; otherwise $20.00 of your fee will be consumed.
Details for the Day of Your Concealed Carry Class:
Upon arrival please park in the lot to the West of Midwest Guns.
Day 1: Please bring FOID card and firearm.
Day 2: Please bring FOID card, firearm, and 30 rounds of ammunition. Hearing, eye protection and holster are optional.
Will be done entirely in one day.
Please bring FOID card, firearm, 30 rounds of ammunition. Hearing, eye protection and holster, are optional. Also, bring your credited class proof along with a copy for the instructor to keep on file.
There will be a company available to do fingerprints during your class. You must bring your Driver’s License or State ID. The fingerprints will cost $65.00, you may pay with a credit card, debit card, or cash – checks will not be accepted.
If you have already taken a class and just need your fingerprints done, you may call this number to schedule an appointment: (708)-357-0580
To Apply for the ICCF Permit:
ICC applications will need to be filled out on-line; this will include paying the $150.00 application fee (to the Illinois State Police), paying a service fee of $3.53 (to the Illinois State Police), take and submit a digital photo, and scanning your class certification. We will be offering a service which will assist you in sending in your applications. If interested in this service, you can call to schedule an appointment.
This service is FREE if your class was taken at Midwest Guns, otherwise, there will be a $20.00 fee for our service, which will have to be paid when the appointment is made. If you do not come at your appointment time, or if you cancel with less than 24 hours notice, the fee is non-refundable. You will have to pay another $20.00 fee to reschedule.
You may also find useful information through watching this video: How To Create A Digital ID
Reserve Your Spot – Register Today
To register for an upcoming Illinois concealed carry course in Chicago IL or to speak with our gun experts about our concealed carry laws in Illinois or the United States , please contact us.
|Call||708-447-4848 (ext. 8)|
|Concealed Carry Classes in Illinois|