Renewal Class for the IL CCL Permit can be taken up to 1 year prior to permit expiration, but application cannot be submitted prior to the 90 days before expiration of existing CCL.
To get into a class, you must schedule.
Classes must be paid in full upon scheduling.
*There will be an additional fee of $153.38 due to the Illinois State Police at the time of submitting the application for renewal.
3 Hour Class
Class dates subject to change.
Students will need the following:
- IL Conceal Carry License and current FOID card
- 30 rds of ammo. Not included
- Gun and 2-3 magazines (Firearm must be cased and unloaded.)
- Hearing and eye protection (provided if needed)
- Fingerprints: If you did fingerprints the first time, they will use same prints again. If you did not get prints, you can submit with prints. The fingerprint company will not be here during your class, so please call to make an appointment. FMJ Biometric Services: 708-367-0580.
Upon arrival, please park in the lot to the West of Midwest (our new, fenced-in lot)
To apply for the ICCF Permit:
ICC applications will be the same process as the initial application. We offer a FREE service to assist you in sending in your application. Upon completion of your renewal class, you can schedule your time slot for the assistance*. You may also call to schedule an appointment. This service is only offered if your renewal class was taken at Midwest Sporting Goods.
Once application is submitted, you will receive a receipt from the ISP which enables you to continue carrying with an expired CCL while waiting on the new one.
*Note: You can’t apply until 90 days before expiration.
Class Policies and Standards:
- Unsafe actions will be cause for immediate disqualification from class. NO refunds.
- Must pass shooting qualification with 70% or above. If you do not pass, NO refunds.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Dress code- NO high heel shoes, includes boots & wedges. NO open-toed shoes. NO low cut shirts.
- Cancellation Policy- Must give 5 days notice to cancel or reschedule; otherwise $20.00 of your fee will be consumed.