As a couple, an engagement ring is a treasure. Having the ring is also your investment for ensuring the future. One way to ensure the future and keep the treasure is to get the engagement ring appraisals. We at jewelry appraisals in Los Angeles provides the insurance of your jewelry.
The Importance of Jewelry Appraisal
A jewelry appraisal is examining the quality of the item whether it is a diamond ring or gold bracelet. This includes cuts, shape, carats, measurements, and colors. The diamond ring consists of one or more diamonds and metal body.
It is essential to find a trusted jeweler where you can appraise your jewelry. We, at jewelry appraisals in Los Angeles, have professional appraisers that you can trust. They will examine your diamond ring and set the price according to the current market price.
Getting your diamond ring appraised as soon as possible is a better way to protect it. In case of loss, stolen or damaged, you have the appraisal documents indicating how much the replacement price or retail price is. This is the reason why you need to get jewelry appraisals.
Appraisal price in most cases is higher than the purchase price. But it still depends on the quality of each part of the diamond ring. The metal body of the diamond ring has its price, same with the shape and cuts of the ring. Evaluating the components, our professionals will estimate the cost of the diamond ring.
The Appraisal Process
We, at jewelry appraisals in Los Angeles, have a process in evaluating the diamond ring. We have professionals who are detailed-oriented and have a high standard. Here are the three steps of the appraisal process:
- Cleaning the item – we will clean the diamond ring to make sure that it is in the best condition before examining the parts.
- Detailed evaluation – after cleaning, our professionals will do the detailed evaluation, or they call it grading. There are 4 C’s in grading the diamond ring:
- Color – diamond colors range from colorless to yellow. This is the second importance of the 4 C’s grading.
- Clarity – examining the external and internal flawlessness of the diamond. This is the least important in grading the diamond ring.
- Carat weight – the weight of the diamond. The bigger the carat weighs, the higher the price.
- Cut – this is the most important C’s in grading the diamond ring. When the diamond is cut with proper proportion, the better the diamond shines when the light hits it. When the diamond shines, it looks prettier and more elegant.
- Appraisal form – after the two steps, fill out the appraisal form. It is the document indicating your name, phone, address and the appraisal price of the diamond. This will be your supporting documents in case you want to sell the jewelry.
Our goal is to give you the satisfaction of the service we offer, and not to be a salesperson. This is why jewelry appraisals in Los Angeles are the certified jeweler in the city. For more info visit us at www.goldni.com.